Home sweet home

Already two weeks have went back at home and it feels like I've been here forever. I thought I should start the first couple of weeks easy. Get used to working here again and not make too much plans for it, but I think now I'm starting to get even too comfortable to my old habits. When I left from here two years ago, I went to look for adventures. So I moved to Ireland and started from new. One thing I definitely learned in there was to enjoy the little things, to stop and look what's around you and actually explore it. It is so often we get so in to our routines and plan our days so precisely that we're pretty much doing things by memory than with our feelings. We forget to just stop for a while and actually look what's happening out there. But it is when we stop and just experience the moment with no expectations , when we learn or see something new and maybe get some new ideas. When we've written our day before we even leave the house, we're not really open for any changes to come ,which could in the end lead us for those adventures we seek. But I admit it's not always that easy, when we're so used to running from place to place. So now that I moved back here, I've noticed myself getting back to my old routines and forgetting to enjoy the moment. So I really need to remind myself again to go to every situation and deal with it how I feel in that moment and not how I'm used to. I mean you might have walked next to a park almost every day, but if you would stop to see it we might actually see something new in there. I think the same goes for people or situations; we have already experienced same kind people or situations before so we assume there's nothing new to experience from those. It's like going to the store you go every day; you already know exactly how the conversation is going to go, but when someone breaks the pattern and does something different, we notice ourself being present on the situation. So when I two years ago went to look for adventures I noticed that you can't really go to look for those, those can be anywhere if you open your eyes and be open to it!

So now that I'm back in here I'm really exited to experience this place again. Since when you've change in between you can experience the "old" things in a totally new way.
I guess this was kind of long way of saying the cliche; seize the moment, but I wanted to open it a bit more, since at least for me that's what I need to do to actually understand it and use it!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts