Time is now

Recently I have started to think a lot about the word time. I feel like what ever I do that word comes up to me somewhere. It has made me really think about time and the fear of not having enough of it. I've stumble across many quotes about time and one of favourite one is from Amelia Barr which is saying: "time is a very precious gift...so precious that it is only given to us moment by moment".


I also find it interesting when we keep seing certain things everywhere we go.
Some people see them as signs, as someone else might say it comes from our subconscious. There's countless ways to see a same thing, but when we name it through our own perspective we often see it as different.
It's told that signs comes to our way from someone/ something that cares about us and they keep on coming on till we take a hint/ learn from them. For that someone we have many names as well, you might call it a God, fate, a fairy godmother, angel, intuition and many more. Wherever it does come from I believe we should learn from it.

Sometimes I would like to think that it is that little mystical being dropping little signs on my way, but mostly I believe it is our own mind. It's like with my lucky number; I feel like I see it everywhere, but is it really that the number just is the most used number in the world, probably not, rather it is about noticing it more since it has some kind of meaning for me. Our mind have a way of prioritising the things we notice. If we think about food, we see it everywhere and the same goes for everything.
But even though it may "only" come from our own mind, it dosn't mean it's not that important. There's a reason why our mind is constantly thinking about certain thing and why we're then as well seeing and noticing those things in our lives.
In a way the world we see around us is an reflection of our minds. We all look at the same picture, but we see it so differently. Those little things which comes from our minds are painting our world as we see it. It is a beautiful thought and it makes it feel so simple; we can change our own world just be changing our thoughts.

Through this thought I decided to make a little experiment; if today I fill my thoughts with happy smiling people, will I see more of them?


My time here in Lapland has contained many great moments. Everything from sliding with a unicorn down the hill (yes really!)














Chasing the northernlights in a cold winter night




Seeing some friends I haven't seen in a long time


Doing all kind of grafts



To a booking a spontaneous flights to Faroe Islands, Paris and planning a trip after the season to Lofoten, Norway!


After the last part (booking the flights and planning all sorts of travels), I started to think about my budget. I counted a bit how much I would need and how much I will earn in the spring time and I felt getting a bit nervous.
When I was staying in Spain, there were months when I earned about 100€/month. There many months went by without thinking nor using money almost at all (since the food and accommodation were included). Now thinking back it was so great feeling not thinking about it. You just think about what you want to do and you do it. That really makes you realize that the best experiences you have don't include money at all.

Being now here in Finland (where the salary is pretty good) I realized that even though I'm earning so much more money it kind feels like it's less..
It is easy to get greedy and start to want more. But when you start thinking like that nothing will be enough.

Many times I have thought as well about how we talk and think about money. We say we want it, but what it is that we actually want? Since money as itself is nothing more than a paper (or these days it's more like a number in our bank account). Wouldn it be more realistic to think what we would do with that money rather then just simple wanting it.
Many people say they want to win the lottery, but what if we wouldn't think about winning the money, but think about what we would like to do with that money. And now if we know what we would do with it, we should think how can we make it happen right now (cutting out the not too realistic dream about winning a lot of money).
...And then we should go for it!

I think we have a non realistic picture of the money. We might think that it will allow us to do what we want, but it's not true WE allow ourself to do what we want! 💖










Comments

Popular Posts