Everyday is a lesson

Everybody knows the cliché, that you go to travel and you end up finding yourself.
When you're travelling and looking for your next destination, you might end up finding yourself.
When you think about it, it sounds really poethic and tempting.

So is that what's happening to me?

Maybe, but I guess I have to keep on following to find out.
What I do know is that leaving your comfort zone by travelling definitely takes you to situations where you're faced to a question; who am I.

When ever we are repeating our daily routines, we are pretty much repeating things we already know, but when we step out, that's when we find out what we are without our safety net.
From the other side of our comfort zone, we find doubt's, questions and perhaps new sides of us, which we had unconsciously left outside.

And that's where the learning starts.

I've spend the last two weeks at a temple in the Wudang mountains where I attended a Natural self-healing course.



While on that course I learned many things about Chinese medicine, but also I learned a lot about myself.

Quite often our daily life is filled with distractions and when you have these distractions is easy to hide behind them.
But then when its all taken away and you're only left with quietness and a big mirror infront of you that all of a sudden you're forced to look at.
Its when all the surrounding sounds are shut down, you actually start to hear yourself and there's nothing to distract you from it.
All you can do is listen and look closely.

One of the lessons I learned was about my expectations. Having expectations is like trying to see the future, but how could we know what's going to happen. Having expectations can easily leave you disappointed and expecting them to happen will often distract you from what's really happening around you.
When you have no expectations and you're open minded you tend to receive more.

Having no expections and no idea what will actually happen tomorrow is an amazing feeling. Its the feeling when you're finishing writing your journal in the evening and you look at the next blank page and realise that you have no clue how it will be filled tomorrow.
The next day is a mystery, a blank page that's yet to be written.

The time in the temple was short, but still full of amazing experiences.
Life there at the temple was really calm and simple.
Every morning started at 5.00 am to start the morning qi gong, after that I just sat outside drinking coffee and enjoying the morning for a moment. There's something so relaxing and beautiful in the mornings.
During the days we got to learn more qi gong and to practice different healing techniques, even one with using a bamboo for cupping.

Cupping with a bamboo 


Practising fire healing



I leave this place for now, feeling blessed with all the great experiences and people I got to meet.
This experience definitely left a little seed inside me that wants to learn more about Chinese medicine. With some time we'll see where that seed will grow, but for now I continue this adventure where I am now.

Tomorrow's page is still blank, all I know is the head line; Xi'an here I come!

Comments

Popular Posts