Feeling it all - The part with Mongolia

How do you write a feeling? 

It's like asking to draw a smell or to sing a taste..

That is the question I'm wondering, while I sit in a park, listen music and try to eat my ice-cream quickly before it melts.

Music has amazing effect; it takes me to another world where there's no words. I'm listening my instrumental playlist on full volume and as each song grows I feel like the jar of feelings inside me pours outside and dance. And you feel like everyone around you are part of that dance. The little boy with a scooter, a group of tourist posing in front of a picture of the Beatles, a little girl sitting behind the piano with a white dress flying in the find (why there's a piano in the park- I don't know, must be part of the dance), garden worker with a green suit taking care of the flowers and then there's me just sitting still while the world keeps dancing around me.

I feel like I'm full of feelings and they move so quickly that it feels impossible to catch them and write them down. The feelings are untranslatable, but at the same time they're  so magnificent, honest and beautiful that we'll never give up trying. We sing them, paint them, write them and we keep on finding new ways to express them!
Because they're not meant to stay stuck inside us, they are so big and we are so small.They're meant to burst out, dance,sing and be shared.
And we all have our own way of expressing them.

I think I have always felt a lot. When I was a kid and I was watching movies I always admired how they felt in those moments and dreamt about feeling that way. Although for long time I associated those feelings to what ever they were doing or what they had. I thought if they got that feeling from that action, I have to do the same. Oh how wrong was I. But we all have our unique recipe for happiness that is found when we stop looking for it from the outside of us.


I think we often ignore our feelings and desperately try to find happiness on things we think will lead to it, things that we see are making others happy. For example we go and travel, because we believe it's the recipe for happiness. But soon when we stop for a moment we see that even though the scenery has changed, our feelings we had when we left have not. After finding the balance inside me I can say; I'm happy AND I'm travelling, because it's never that you're happy BECAUSE you're travelling.
Of course the travelling brings me a lot of joy, but it's not the reason I'm happy.

                                                                  ❤❤❤

We've been travelling for 7 weeks now and have made it to Mongolia!
In Mongolia we've spend about 3 weeks. 17 days of that went touring around Mongolia with this lovely russian van.


We booked a tour through the guest house where we stayed (Toptours) and even though our budget suffered a bit by it, it was definitely worth it. We had absolutely amazing time with our group and the diverse landscape was stunning.
It's amazing how much one country has to offer;

From beautiful Gobi desert

To the Canyons

And sand dynes


To green fields

Filled with sheep, goats, cows and horses

The way I always look, while admiring the view


To big blue lakes


Beautiful monasteries


And to natural hot springs


I also got to do horseback riding for the very first time and I loved it. Going freely with the semi wild Mongolian horse was just magical! 




These days it's also very normal to have internet at all times, so spending 17 days without internet was definitely refreshing. It reminded me how much fun you have without it. It's so easy to dive in to the world of internet as a first solution when you have nothing to do, but when you don't have the option of it, you find yourself making up more creative ways to use your time.
Sure it's a great way of staying in contact (especially when you're so far away from your closed ones), but cutting back a bit and focusing more what's around you, can not do any harm.


Altogether we've had a great time in Mongolia. It has also been very different from Russia. Mongolia has been a nice break from the stressful side of travelling (where you are constantly in a new city, needing to book hostels, trains and follow the map where ever you go). Here we've been able to put our brains aside and just enjoy the ride!


Our new friend who was teaching us Mongolian

Mongolian style barbeque






Swimming in the Khuvsgul lake


Our road so far

Next destination Beijing, China!






















Comments

Popular Posts