All the options open, but mind blocked

Back at home again. Our trip was definitely awesome! So many great people and places.
When I started this blog I wanted to write more about the feelings I'm having when traveling and to go a bit deeper on those places. What I noticed though that its not so easy! When being on a road all the time, your writing time kind of cuts short there, but in the meanwhile the list of things to write about keeps getting bigger and bigger. So when you then get a change to write you haven't had yet enough time to build all the things in your mind to words and you end up writing the main events. Now later on I still don't have too many words, but more of the good feeling of it all! I loved noticing how you can go to the other side of the worth and still notice how friendly and pure people are. How there's people everywhere happy to give so much without knowing exactly what they would be getting back, knowing that purely helping is so giving.



 First week back from there went pretty much relaxing which after that started to feel like it's stuck in a bit. For the first time in my life I was actually unemployed and I guess it took it's time to get used to it. The only thing where I started from was that I knew that the next place I would go would be Spain, but where in there was still unsure.

For first I obviously thought the most familiar option which would have been finding a job (with my, still not too good spainish it would have most likely been a call center/ office job). But everyday my thoughts went more and more to helpx (which is this side where you can find people looking for help at their home, farm, company etc. for exchange of accommodation and food). So that was the thought that stayed in my mind, but for the first couple weeks I didin't got any applications sent. When there was nothing really pushing me to do it, it felt so easy to stuck in to tv shows and sofa. After all of my temps on sending those applications hadn't got any further than opening the correct website, I realized that I need to shut the tv and start focusing on my life. For those couple weeks I think I just forgot everything I had learned on past couple years. I was totally addicted to tv and my friends company. Since for that time I felt like I didint have my own life and I was sitting ready at home waiting for someone to keep me company. But living on others schedule you have now control of your own life, which obviously dosn't boost your confidence too much!
 I guess in the end I hadn't forgotten everything I had learn, since I know many people are the prisoners of their couch a lot longer than two weeks! I knew that it's only me who can lift my ass from the sofa and actually do something. So for first I went to bike around the city to take some pictures and not that suprisingly noticed that it was a hell of a lot more giving than watching friends season 7 on a tenth time. When you're just alone in the nature you can actually hear your thoughts and appreciate all the beauty around you.






After that your mind just opens!
I also bought a new tripod and decided to go chase some northernlights. Even after staying in Lapland for 6 months this was the first time I got my first good shot of those!

So finally my mind was clear enough to send some of those applications and I did ended up log in in to the helpx side (I mean I already had two weeks time to open the correct website ;)) I found a great backpackers hostel from there in small village of Taull in northern Spain. It sounded great; amazing scenery, small place and it was in SPAIN! With no hesitation I sent a message to there and already next day found a nice response on my email. In there I would be working in a small hostel doing pretty much everything from cleaning to waitresing and I was really excited about that! After a good skype call with the owner I was ready to book my flights to there! Felt good to have a new and totally different destination waiting and still having some time to spend in Finland before that. I also got so much new energy out of it that I decided to start learning my spanish with full speed for the couple weeks before going there! Let's see how much I will be able to work with it there, but I guess the biggest thing on that as well is to forget being scared and just speak it as much as I can.

I decided to also book my flights through Holland. My friend is there for a while so decided to have a little detour before Spain.



Comments

Popular Posts