Time for the next step

It's been a while again and my time in home is starting to run out! Coming to a another point of change I've needed to balance my feelings a bit! I mean the change feels good itself, but always leaving from one place makes you think how you didn't have time to do everything you wanted to. So I've had to look back at my time in here for awhile to realize that I have actually done plenty! Again I noticed how it is all about our own expectations about what we should be doing which makes those things we have actually done feel less of a accomplishment. Even though of course your life event shouldn't be called as accomplishments, it's more than that. It's those events and situations which lead you to those. But back to those expectations.. I've now challenge myself to make no expectations and just live each moment as it comes on my way.



Ok it's been more than a month since I last wrote in here, so yeah I've done actually more than just balancing my feelings :D One day we did something, that I've wanted to do for awhile now, we decided to have a tourist day with one of best friend; we wen't and explored our home town from a tourist eyes and it was so great! There's so many things you miss out when you're not looking. We had a lunch in a market place, took a walk in a amazing market alley that's full of crafts and the atmosphere is just amazing. We stopped and had a glass of red wine and explored some small shops, we've never been before.







For the end of the day we accidentally manage to jump a bungee jump, which we had been thinking about for all summer! I have to say, I'm so afraid of heights and for that I've wanted to do that for so long. Every time during this summer when my friend brought it up, I got so intimidated that I just wanted to forget about the whole thing, but now we did it totally out of the blue. We had no idea that during that day there would be bungee jump at our harbour,so we just walked there, noticed it and knew that we just needed to do it. So since the waiting is the worst part, I'd say we got out pretty easy (if we don't count my 3 minutes nervous breakdown when we were up there).



But altogether it was an amazing day and the plus was of course that I managed to conquer my fears. With that same friend we had hide a box with some stuff in it and a letter to our future selfs. We had buried that box to one forest here about 10 years ago. So one day we decided to go look for it. Unfortunately we weren't too smart back then and had buried it to cereal box, which I guess wasn't meant to last ten years under ground ;). But it was still very nostalgic trying to find it and as well it makes you realize how amazing it is, that you have those friend who last for a lifetime! And one thing I think is amazing, is to see how we all have found our own way and looking from outside might seem totally different, but the important part is that you see the difference as a good thing. So even though you grow to different, you won't grow apart!
I'm very happy as well that I got join and be part of planning another of my best friends bachelorette party and their wedding.It was a great timing to be back home for that.

So one of the best things on my summer back in home has definitely been to hang out with my friends some more. After 2 years only seeing them when visiting for s short time or them visiting me, you really start to appreciate the time with them!

I've been as well preparing the next step, which is at first our trip with my friend to states. We're renting a car and driving around for 1 month. We're landing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the end of august and we're planning on driving through the south cost all the way to New Mexico, where we then would drive route 66 to Chicago and from there through Canada to New York, where we would need to be at least when our flight leaves on end of September. I've also got join to couchsurfing for this trip. I really like the idea of that, just haven't got to do it myself yet. But I'm really excited to meet all kind of people on my travels and that seems like a great way doing that as well! For this trip we've been planning our route with my friend and all those stops in between.

One thing I have had to remind myself again, is not to make too detailed plans or at least not to expect that everything would go exactly like that. I've definitely noticed that the outcome of your trip is depending so much of your attitude! Since for many people holidays might not be something you do a many times in a year, so when you have a holiday booked you might plan and dream about it for many months before going on it. Then you pack your best clothes and high hopes and jump on plane to your dream place! So you land and maybe there's a bigger queue, stronger wind, more people or the hotel is not that paradise hotel you expected and then you are already a bit disappointed. Also having too big of plans makes you follow those instructions too blindly and not too see unexpected opportunity's along the way. I noticed myself stopping to expect anything from holidays when I started to travel a bit more. I guess it was automatic when it became more of a lifestyle than once in a year occasion! One big thing for that as well is that I'm not waiting for it (dosn't mean I wouldn't want to go there), but I try to live everyday and enjoy the place where I'm at that time and not just count the days for my next travel! I think traveling is a state of mind and you can be a traveller even in your home town!



I've been also trying to look for jobs in Spain after that trip to states. I've been learning Spanish for about a year now and I think that my motivation for learning by myself is starting to run out, so it feels a good option to move there for awhile. I already had a one interview to a place I would really want to go! But as of my challenge, no expectations. So lets see where the road leads me ;)

When we'll get to states I try to make some more updates! Our trip can be followed through instagram as well: nannnajoanna.

So make this day as a good day you had wished for someday! :)

Comments

  1. Elämännälkäistä ihanaa tekstiä /äitisi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts