Colourful India


I'm sitting here on the beach.
The shade of this big tree is keeping me cool.
Sun is making it's way to the horizon.
Countless dogs run around me and occasionally one of the beach cows comes to say hi.
People around me are doing their own things while I sit here and think to myself; this really is a paradise.




For the past few days I've just felt so grateful.
Grateful for being able to live the life I want.
Grateful for being where I am.
Grateful for people. People who are so pure, amazing, and tiny bit crazy and I am forever thankful to have  met them.





This grateful feeling started when few days ago I left a place that had been a home for me for the past 2 months.



It started by feeling so nostalgic and continued with me feeling incredibly home sick and then changed to this amazing warm feeling of gratitude. For all the experiences I've been able to go through, for all the people I've met and all the people back home who I'm happy to call my friends and family.

Feeling grateful is amazing feeling, because it shifts your thoughts from all the things you want, to all the things you already have. It makes you accept and appreciate your life as it is.


It's been soon 8 months since I left my home and staying in one place for 2 months out of those 8 might seem like a long time. But it really was something I needed at the moment. Travelling, moving, getting to know new people almost everyday can be very exhausting.

When you're on the road (and by road I mean the road we all go through and call life itself), stopping to see where you're going is sometimes a good idea. To me this break was time to ask directions and when you stop and listen you will find all the answer's. And all those answers come from inside ourselves, we already know the answers, we just often forget to ask it.



Before coming to India I wasn't really sure what to expect. I think I've heard so many love and horror stories, but very rarely heard anyone saying it's simply ok.. For sure India is place of strong reactions, whether they're good or bad.

To me India has been a good experience! Big cities are very hectic, noisy, dirty and very often the logic behind things is quite lost.. These are all something you first see when you come to India and can of course give a little shock to you, but if you're willing to look past them you will actually find a magical place that's full of beauty, generosity, friendliness, spirituality and much more.


In India holding hands is a big thing between friends





Gorgeous sunsets

India sure is colourful! 






The noisy and hectic street life

People running to catch the train



I feel like my time in India is just starting and I'm excited and curious to see where it leads! 










Comments

Popular Posts