Next chapter

There's something so soothing travelling in a train.
Sound of the railroad track while looking outside the changing scenery. You can feel the road below and the slight movement kind of keeps you on a trance. It's the kind of meditative place where you just stare outside watching a never ending movie and while thinking everything, you realize that you're not really thinking anything.

About 6 months ago I was on a train going to Lapland for the winter season and now I'm on the move again.
It was my third season now in Levi and once again it was full of laughter, outdoor adventures, dark evenings with candles, bright sunny spring days, moments of realization and moments of gratitude.





And even just during 6 months I love how big seasonal changes you can see.

From the last days of sun at the end of the year..




To the polar nighs..


To the beautiful sunsets..



And to the bright spring days..



But now the season is finished and I'm more than ready for the next chapter.

The next chapter will involve countless hours and kilometres on a train, hopefully a lot of new friends and amazing places, new cultures and experiences and no doubt some challenges as well! Next destination ASIA!

On the start of June we will start the journey from St. Petersburgh. The plan is to travel slowly through Russia, Mongolia, China, Nepal, India, Myanmar until South East Asia and probably in the end reaching Australia. I'll try to travel by land as much as possible and will write on my blog when ever I get a change.

This winter I've done a loooot of planning for this trip. I'm definitely travelling on budget and planning and reading blogs has been really helpful for choosing the places where I want stop and finding the cheapest ways to go from A to B.



On my blog I want to share as well all the best advises I've got from reading blogs of others and then of course all the tips I'll discover myself when on the road.

It is also quite often thought that travelling for that long time and visiting so many places will cost many years of savings, but I want to share while on the way exactly how much I've spent and therego how much would be needed for a similar trip.
My plan is to travel for give or take a year and the savings are mostly from the past 6 months working in Lapland. Of course everybody has their own way of travelling, but anyone planning a budget trip to Asia through Russia, will hopefully find the information helpful.


But more about that on my next post!

Now I'll continue tunning myself on a trainmood as I believe that will be needed on the upcoming adventures!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts