Today

It is a sunny Tuesday morning. I'm having my third cup of coffee and I swear I can smell the spring. I'm struggling to open the curtains to see the sun (it's the model where you have to pull the curtains down to get them up, but the trick is to pull exactly enough, because if you pull them a tiny bit too much; instead of going up they go down). So after a while playing with the curtains I settle for a half way open and continue with my coffee.
While looking at the sun from half opened curtains, I think about this day.
My phone says it's Tuesday (like it is once a week), but today is a new Tuesday, a Tuesday I've never experienced before and a Tuesday that I will never experience again. It's today and it will be today only for this day, tomorrow it will become yesterday!


How often we hear ourself say something like oh it's ____day again.. But it's not again, we haven't lived this day before and we will never live it again!
It's confusing that the days have the same names, because it makes us think they are somehow the same. That's why we should make our own names for the days; like in the tv shows every episode has their appealing name!

For me today will be called; The day which I started with chocolate and had a smiling competition with the sun.



Because in the end we don't remember the real names of the days, we only remember what we felt and experienced that day.

Let's all have a great day ❤










Comments

Popular Posts