Finding my inner artist

After almost tree months here I can definitely see a big difference on my spanish and I think I've got ride of that frustration from the start well! It's also so important to know your own way of learning when you're learning something new. For example I've noticed that I really need some time to put all the new things I've learned in to order in my head, write them down and go through them with some time. It's also important to remember to have some fun with it as well and just for that I started to learn some typical sayings in spanish. Those kind of things definitely give a nice extra for learning and it's really fun to surprise people by using them.

I love that our job here is never the same and we get to do pretty much everything. For me I've noticed that I definitely prefer working in a more changing environment, where you never really get too comfortable and get to move from your comfort zone enough often. For the christmas- and new years time we got to work a lot in the restaurant. And I think it's one of those places where you can see your learning progress really well and that of course adds more and more motivation to keep on going with full speed.

After that again we got a totally different kind of challenge to start with. We needed to decorate a small hostel with some nice pictures of nature and surrounding areas. And I of course loved it! When you have blank wall, closet full of paint and paint brush in your hand, ideas just starts floating. And it was really nice noticing that the more you do it, more your creativity wakes up along with it. It is like a door that I think everybody has in their head, but many of us forget to open it enough often. But when you do open it, it's like another world in your head. So when I now got to open it, I noticed having all kinds of new ideas in my head. And all the ideas I had in my head before just seemed to find solution and it came together like a pieces of a puzzle!








I also started to think how sometimes you just see the road behind you so clearly and you realize how all of the things you've done related to that thing has prepared you for this moment. For me I started doing some type of art when I was living in Ireland and it was a kind of eyes opening moment; I had thought before that since I wasn't really good a drawing realistic people or scenes I couldn't do any art, but there I realized we all have our own style and it's all about finding it. Now painting the hostel I couldn't help but thinking how realizing this before played a big part on me having now enough courage to go on with this new challenge. I definitely love those moments when you realize how everything happens on their own time and every small thing in your life might just be preparing you for something so much more bigger!

We've also had plenty of time to go and explore places around us. In these small friendly villages hitchhiking is really easy so we havn't really needed a car. We got to visit Andorra for two days, which was really nice. Though the city of Andorra La Vella was really mostly focused on shopping, we got see some art from Salvador Dali and have a nice walk in the old town.




But the things I've enjoyed the most has definitely been here in Taüll! We've enjoyed this amazing landscape by walking, hiking, snowshoeing and skiing! And for all those point of views my experience has been absolutely amazing!


It was my first time skiing this high and I was definitely positively surprised. I could have stayed and stare that view forever.





We've also had a fantastic two days hiking trip to a refugee in the middle of the pyrenees, where we stayed for a night, had some food and enjoyed the lovely landscape.







When we're not busy we can pretty much work by the weather, which of course allows us to have plenty of nice walks in the mountains during day time.






And not to forget about our trip at snowshoeing, where we in the end got a bit lost and returned to our village covered with mud and scars! But that's just part of the adventure ;)






I've also started to meditate more regularly now and found out how good it actually does to you, to blank your mind totally and concentrate on the present moment.

Like Dali's sculpture says as well; time really flies (or melts) and I'm starting to think what I might want to do after this. Life is full of options and I'm definitely excited to see where I will find myself in spring! :) until that I shall enjoy this adventure where I'm now and see where it leads me!














Comments

  1. You are indeed talented! You'll find the treasure in this world while discover the treasure in yourself. Keep going and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts